18 December 2014
The School of Geography and the Environment retains and reinforces its position as one of the UK's top departments of Geography and Environmental Studies | Read more.
18 December 2014
UK using less energy despite growing economy, report finds | Read more.
17 December 2014
Europe's record hot year made at least 35 times more likely by climate change, say scientists | Read more.
16 December 2014
Helping Honduras build a more robust climate adaptation strategy for the agriculture sector | Read more.
8 December 2014
Frank Hajek presents ecosystem and carbon monitoring results of the Andes and Biodiversity Research Group (ABERG) at COP20, Lima, in conjunction with a Biodiversity Monitoring initiative proposal by the Pacific Alliance | Read more.
5 December 2014
Extreme weather driving countries to adapt to climate change. New Report by the European Environment Agency, with contributions from UKCIP. Read more.
- Hall, J.W., Berkhout, F. and Douglas, R. (2014) Responding to adaptation emergencies. Nature Climate Change, 5: 6-7.
- Okereke, C., Baral, P. and Dagnet, Y. (2014) Options for Adaptation and loss and damage in a 2015 climate agreement.. Act 2015, Working Paper.
- Fenn, K., Malhi, Y., Morecroft, M., Lloyd, C. and Thomas, M. (2014) The Carbon Cycle of a Maritime Ancient Temperature Broadleaved Woodland at Seasonal and Annual Scales. Ecosystems.
- Thornton, T. and Hebert, J. (2014) Neoliberal and neo-communal herring fisheries in Southeast Alaska: Reframing sustainability in marine ecosystems. Marine Policy.
- Boardman, J. (2014) Rapid and selective clast weathering on an alluvial fan, eastern Karoo, South Africa. Catena, 1(126).
- Lopez, A., Suckling, E.B., Otto, F.E.L., Lorenz, A., Rowlands, D. and Allen, M.R. (2014) Towards a typology for constrained climate model forecasts. Climatic Chnge.
- Penning-Rowsell, E., Sayers, P.B. and Watkinson, A. (2014) Innovation: Managing Risk, Not Avoiding It. Evidence and Case Studies: High level case study: Flooding. In, Annual Report of the Government Chief Scientific Adviser 2014. Government Office for Science, UK.
- Sadoff, C. and Grey, D. (2014) Beyond the River: The Benefits of Cooperation on International Rivers. Ch. 29 in, Jägerskog, A., Swain, A. and Öjendal, J. (eds.) Water Security, Vol. 2: Water Wars and Water Co-operation. SAGE Publications Ltd. pp. 241-258. ISBN: 9781446293928. Sage Library of International Security Series..
- Prutsch, A., Isoard, S., McCallum, S., Biesbroek, R., Karali, E., Makinen, K., Hilden, M., Downing, C. and Street, R. (2014) National adaptation policy processes in European countries. EEA Report No 4/2014.
Welcome to the Anthropocene.
A public lecture series to launch the ECI's Masters in Environmental Change and Management.
October 13-17, 2014. If you missed the lectures, you can watch/listen online.