24 October 2014
A new paper, led by Prof. Jim Hall, published in Science has examined how regions around the world are coping with variable and unpredictable freshwater resources caused through drought or floods, and how this affects economic output. Read more.
10 October 2014
Dr Brenda Boardman has been awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award for services to energy efficiency and fuel poverty by the Carbon Action Network.
9 October 2014
Global experts discuss drought risk at Oxford symposium. Read more.
6 October 2014
Scientists to 'fast-track' evidence linking global warming to wild weather. Read more.
3 October 2014
Retailers paying over the odds given helping hand on utility bills. Read more.
1 October 2014
Explaining Extreme Weather Events of 2013 from a Climate Perspective Read more.
- Hall, J.W., Grey, D., Garrick, D., Fung, F., Brown, C., Dadson, S.J. and Sadoff, C.W. (2014) Water Security: Coping with the curse of freshwater variability. Science, 346(6208): 429-430.
- Patrick, J., Killip, G., Brand, C., Augustine, A. and Eyre, N. (2014) Oxfordshire's Low Carbon Economy. Environmental Change Institute and Low Carbon Oxford.
- Sova, C.A., Helfgott, A., Chaudhury, A., Matthews, D., Thornton, T. and Vermeulen, S. (2014) Multi-level Stakeholder Influence Mapping: Visualizing Power Relations Across Actor Levels in Nepalís Agricultural Climate Change Adaptation Regime. Systemic Practice and Action Research.
- Garrick, D. and Hall, J.W. (2014) Water Security and Society: Risks, Metrics and Pathways. Annual Review of Environment and Resources, 39: 611-639.
- Holman, I.P., Harrison, P.A. and Metzger, M.J. (2014) Cross-sectoral impacts of climate and socio-economic change in Scotland: implications for adaptation policy. Regional Environmental Change.
- Morton, C. Anable, J. and Brand, C. (2014) Policy making under uncertainty in electric vehicle demand. Proceedings of the ICE - Energy, 167(3): 125-138.
- Otto, F.E.L., Rosier, S.M., Allen, M.R., Massey, N.R., Rye, C.J. and Quintana, J.I. (2014) Attribution analysis of high precipitation events in summer in England and Wales over the last decade. Climatic Change.
- McKenna, E., Grünewald, P. and Thomson, M. (2014) Going with the wind: temporal characteristics of potential wind curtailment in ireland in 2020 and opportunities for demand response. IET Renewable Power Generation: 1-12.
- Torriti, J. and Grunewald, P. (2014) Demand side response: Patterns in Europe and future policy perspectives under capacity mechanisms. Economics of Energy and Environmental Policy, 3(1).
Welcome to the Anthropocene.
A public lecture series to launch the ECI's Masters in Environmental Change and Management.
October 13-17, 2014. If you missed the lectures, you can watch/listen online.
Join the discussion at #ecilive
Living with floods and droughts: Adapting to hydro-climatic extremes
1 December, 5pm, HO Beckit Room, SoGE. Registration required