13 April 2015
Water insecurity is 'a drag on the global economy'
18 March 2015
Europe's ban on 'wasteful' gadgets - does it cost or save? Staff alumni Dr Kevin Lane comments on the latest EU Policies to withdraw inefficient electrical goods - building on research carried out by the ECI in the 1990s.
17 March 2015
Climate change aggravating cyclone damage, scientists say. Professor Myles Allen comments in a Guardian article about the suggestion that climate change is causing more storms.
- Dickman, A.J., Hinks, A.E., MacDonald, E.A., Burnham, D. and MacDonald, D.W. (2015) Priorities for global felid conservation. Conservation Biology.
- Huntingford, C., Lowe, J.A., Howarth, N., Bowerman, N.H.A., Gohar, L.K., Otto, A., Lee, D.S., Smith, S.M., den Elzen, M.G.J., van Vuuren, D.P., Millar, R.J. and Allen, M.R. (2015) The implications of carbon dioxide and methane exchange for the heavy mitigation RCP2.6 scenario under two metrics. Environmental Science and Policy, 51: 77-87.
- Sadoff, C.W., Hall, J.W., Grey, D., Aerts, J.C.J.H., Ait-Kadi, M., Brown, C., Cox, A., Dadson, S., Garrick, D., Kelman, J., McCornick, P., Ringler, C., Rosegrant, M., Whittington, D. and Wiberg, D. (2015) Securing Water, Sustaining Growth: Report of the GWP/OECD Task Force on Water Security and Sustainable Growth. University of Oxford, UK. 180 pp. ISBN: 978-1-874370-55-0.
- Gupta, R., Eyre, N., Darby, S., Lucas, K., Barnfield, L., Hamilton, J., Mayne, R., Gregg, M., Fratter, C. and Irving, B. (2015) Evaluating the impacts, effectiveness and success of low carbon communities on localised energy behaviours (EVALOC). Final Report, Oxford Brookes University and University of Oxford, Oxford.
- Shaw, C. (2015) Reframing climate risk to build public support for radical emission reductions: the role of deliberative democracy. Carbon Management.
- Suich, H., Howe, C. and Mace, G. (2015) Ecosystem services and poverty alleviation: A review of the empirical links. Ecosystem Services.
- Botzen, W., Mechler, R., Aerts, J., Hochrainer-Stigler, S., Timonina, A., Lorant, A., Veldkamp, T., Hudson, P., Jenkins, K., Mysiak, J., Surminski, S. and Monteagudo, D. (2015) Natural hazard risk assessments for improving resilience in Europe. Enhance Policy Brief.
- Guan, K., Pan, M., Li, H., Wolf, A., Wu, J., Medvigy, D., Caylor, K.K., Sheffield, J., Wood, E.F., Malhi, Y., Liang, M., Kimball, J.S., Saleska, S., Berry, J., Joiner, J. and Lyapustin, A.I. (2015) Photosynthetic seasonality of global tropical forests constrained by hydroclimate. Nature Geoscience.
- Guillod, B.P., Orlowsky, B., Miralles, D.G., Teuling, A.J., Seneviratne, S.I. (2015) Reconciling spatial and temporal soil moisture effects on afternoon rainfall. Nature Communications, 6(6443).