22 January 2015
A new video to promote research on society's resilience to catastrophic natural hazards is launched by the ENHANCE project.
21 January 2015
Dr Brenda Boardman presents at All Party Parliamentary Climate Change Group event on the 'Road to Paris and How to Get there'.
19 January 2015
Measuring the fate of the Amazon forest - a photographic exhibition. | View exhibition preview.
12 January 2015
Prof Jim Hall, ITRC Principal Investigator appears before the Parliament Environmental Audit Committee hearing on adaptation. | Read transcript.
6 January 2015
Dr Brenda Boardman comments on the government's renewed commitment to tackle fuel poverty in the UK, on the BBC's You and Yours programme. | Listen online.
18 December 2014
The School of Geography and the Environment retains and reinforces its position as one of the UK's top departments of Geography and Environmental Studies. | Read more.
18 December 2014
UK using less energy despite growing economy, report finds. | Read more.
- Kebede, A.S., Dunford, R., Mokrech, M., Audsley, E., Harrison, P.A., Holman, I.P., Nicholls, R.J., Rickebusch, S., Rounsevell, M.D.A., Sabate, S., Sallaba, F., Sanchez, A., Savin, C., Trnka, M. and Wimmer, F. (2015) Direct and indirect impacts of climate and socio-economic change in Europe: a sensitivity analysis for key, land- and water-based sectors. Climatic Change.
- Wicander, S. and Coad, L. (2015) Enseignements ŕ tirer d’une étude des projets visant, ŕ promouvoir de nouveaux moyens de subsistance en, Afrique centrale.. Oxford, UK: ECI, University of Oxford and Gland, Switzerland: IUCN.
- Wicander, S. and Coad, L. (2015) Learning our Lessons: A Review of Alternative Livelihood Projects in Central Africa.. Oxford, UK: ECI, University of Oxford and Gland, Switzerland: IUCN.
- Smith, A.C., Holland, M., Korkeala, O., Warmington, J., Forster, D., Apsimon, H., Oxley, T., Dickens, R., Smith, S.M. (2015) Health and environmental co-benefits and conflicts of actions to meet UK carbon targets. Climate Policy.
- James, R., Washington, R. and Jones, R. (2015) Process-based assessment of an ensemble of climate projections for West Africa†. Journal of Geophysical Research.
- Malhi, Y., Doughty, C.E., Goldsmith, G.R., Girardin, C.A.J., Marthews, T.R., Aguila-Pasquel, J., Aragao, L.E.O.C., Araujo-Murakami, A., Brando, P., da Costa, A.C.L., Silva-Espejo, J.E., Amezquita, F.F., Galbraith, D.R., Quesada, C.A., Rocha, W., Salinas-Revilla, N., Silverio, D., Meir, P. and Phillips, O.L. (2015) The linkages between photosynthesis, productivity, growth and biomass in lowland Amazonian forests. Global Change Biology.
- Dunford, R.W., Smith, A.C., Harrison, P.A. and Hanganu, D. (2015) Ecosystem service provision in a changing Europe: adapting to the impacts of combined climate and socio-economic change. Landscape Ecology.
- Sovacool, B.K., Ryan, S.E., Stern, P.C., Janda, K., Rochlin, G., Spreng, D., Pasqualetti, M.J., Whlhite, H. and Lutzenhiser, L. (2015) Integrating social science in energy research. Energy Research and Social Science: 95-99.
- Marthews, T.R., Dadson, S.J., Lehner, B., Abele, S. and Gedney, N. (2015) High-resolution global topographic index values for use in large-scale hydrological modelling. Hydrological and Earth System Sciences, 19: 91-104.
Reflecting on the Lima Climate Summit - Will the World Sign a New Treaty in Paris? | Friday, 23 January 2015 | 4:15 - 5:45 pm | Herbertson Room, SoGE
Are we bigger than the biosphere? An ecologist's examination of our human dominated planet. | Professor Yadvinder Malhi | Thursday 12 February, 7pm, Royal Geographical Society. Booking required.