5 November 2014
ECI researchers call for more science-policy dialogue on “loss and damage” from climate change. Read more.
4 November 2014
Yadvinder Malhi presents an inspiring 3 min 'haylevel' video for A-Level students on humanity's impact on the biosphere. Read more.
4 November 2014
'Alarmist' green groups made 'exaggerated' claims about global warming, UN climate change scientist says Read more.
2 November 2014
Fossil fuels should be phased out by 2100 says IPCC. Read more.
24 October 2014
A new paper, led by Prof. Jim Hall, published in Science has examined how regions around the world are coping with variable and unpredictable freshwater resources caused through drought or floods, and how this affects economic output. Read more.
10 October 2014
Dr Brenda Boardman has been awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award for services to energy efficiency and fuel poverty by the Carbon Action Network.
- Janda, K.B. and Moezzi, M. (2014) Broadening the Energy Savings Potential of People: From Technology and Behavior to Citizen Science and Social Potential. Proceedings of ACEEE Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings, August 17-22, 2014 (Asilomar, CA). Vol. 7, pp. 133-146. American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy.
- Boardman, J. (2014) Rapid and selective clast weathering on an alluvial fan, eastern Karoo, South Africa. Catena, 126: 37-42.
- Rowland, L., Harper, A., Christoffersen, B.O., Galbraith, D.R., Imbuzeiro, H.M.A., Powell, T.L., Doughty, C., Levine, N.M., Malhi, Y., Saleska, S.R., Moorcroft, P.R., Meir, P. and Williams, M. (2014) Modelling climate change responses in tropical forests: similar productivity estimates across five models, but different mechanisms and responses. Geoscientific Model Development, 7: 7823-7859.
- Janda, K.B., Killip, G. and Fawcett, T. (2014) Reducing Carbon from the “Middle-Out”: The Role of Builders in Domestic Refurbishment. Buildings, 4(4): 911-936.
- Guitierrez, A. and Thornton, T. (2014) Can Consumers Understand Sustainability through Seafood Eco-Labels? A U.S. and UK Case Study. Sustainability, 6(11).
- Klenk, N.L., Larson, B.M.H. and McDermott, C.L. (2014) Adapting forest certification to climate change. WIREs Climate Change.
- Shaw, C. and Nerlich, B. (2014) Metaphor as a mechanism of global climate change governance: A study of international policies, 1992–2012. Ecological Economics, 109: 34-40.
- Alderson, D., Barr, S., Tran, M., Hall, J.W., Otto, A., Hickford, A. and Byers, E. (2014) Visualisation tools for multi-perspective, cross-sector, long-term infrastructure performance evaluation.. International Symposium for Next Generation Infrastructure 2014, Vienna, Austria, 29 Sep - 02 Oct 2014.
- Hall, J.W., Otto, A., Tran, M., Barr, S. and Alderson, D. (2014) A National Model for Strategic Planning of Infrastructure Systems. Vulnerability, Uncertainty and Risk: 2821-2829.
Living with floods and droughts: Adapting to hydro-climatic extremes
1 December, 5pm, HO Beckit Room, SoGE. Registration required
Welcome to the Anthropocene.
A public lecture series to launch the ECI's Masters in Environmental Change and Management.
October 13-17, 2014. If you missed the lectures, you can watch/listen online.
Join the discussion at #ecilive