30 June 2015
Has climate change made the drought in the Western US more likely? Help us by running climate models on your computer.
19 June 2015
Is energy efficiency a fuel? Dr Nick Eyre writes blog post for the UKERC on the recent summer school of the European Council for an Energy Efficiency Economy.
5 June 2015
The climate context for India's deadly heatwave. Scientific American examines whether there will be more extreme heat waves in the future after India's hot spell has left more than 2,000 dead. Dr Friederike Otto explains our extreme event attribution research is helping to provide answers.
4 June 2015
Base greenhouse gas targets on science not expediency, says leading climate scientist. New Oxford Martin policy paper by Myles Allen argues that until CO2 emissions are falling, cutting short-lived climate pollutants such as methane won’t help limit peak warming.
3 June 2015
Negotiating Hunger: Agriculture and the UN Climate Talks. DPhil student Chase Sova highlights the main challenges around agriculture and global food security in the upcoming round of climate negotiations.
- Killip, G., Eyre, N., Brand, C. and Patrick, J. (2015) Making the local economic case for low carbon – an Oxfordshire case study. Paper 3-253-15, eceee 2015 Summer Study on energy efficiency, Toulon/Hyères, France, 1st-6th June 2015.
- Wade, J. and Eyre, N. (2015) Evaluation Good Practice: is ‘good enough’ better than ‘perfect’? Paper 8-099-15, eceee 2015 Summer Study on energy efficiency, Toulon /Hyères, France, 1st-6th June 2015.
- Rosenow, J. and Eyre, N. (2015) Re-energising the UK’s approach to domestic energy efficiency. . Paper 2-001-15, eceee 2015 Summer Study on energy efficiency, Toulon /Hyères, France, 1st-6th June 2015.
- Cardwell, E. and Thornton, T.F. (2015) The fisherly imagination: The promise of geographical approaches to marine management. Geoforum.
- Anderton, K. and Palmer, J. (2015) Evidence-based policy as iterative learning: the case of EU biofuels targets. Contemporary Social Science.
- Jenkins, K., Hall, J., Surminski, S. and Crick, F. (2015) London Case Study: Flood risk and climate change implications for MSPs. ENHANCE deliverable 7.3: Risk scenarios and analysis.
- Darby, S.J. and Liddell, C. (2015) Communicating ‘smartness’: smart meter installers in UK homes. Paper 9-050-15, European Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy summer study, Hyères, June 1-5, 2015.
- Sippel, S., Mitchell, D., Black, M.T., Dittus, A.J., Harrington, L., Schaller, N. and Otto, F. (2015) Combining large model ensembles with extreme value statistics to improve attribution statements of rare events. Weather and Climate Extremes.
Infrastructure investment in emerging markets and developing economies: Systems-thinking for new institutions and global challenges | One day conference | 2nd July 2015, St Catherine's College, University of Oxford | Registration required