27 February 2015
Fracking: too risky by far. Join the debate with Dr Jeremy Leggett.
26 February 2015
New DFID funding to model the African climate system.
11 February 2015
Academics tackle key issues at stake in 2015 climate negotiations
- Hannart, A., Pearl, J., Otto, F.E.L., Naveau, P. and Ghil, M. (2015) Causal counterfactual theory for the attribution of weather and climate-related events. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.
- Friess, D.A., Phelps, J., Garmendia, E. and Gomez-Baggethun, E. (2015) Payments for Ecosystem Services (PES) in the face of external biophysical stressors. Global Environmental Change, 30: 31-42.
- Thornton, T.F. (2015) Place as Educationís Source. In, Kan, S. (ed.) Sharing our Knowledge: The Tlingit and their Coastal Neighbors. University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln. pp. 364-379.
- Hajer, M., Milsson, M., Raworth, K., Bakker, P., Berkhout, F., de Boer, Y., Rockstrom, J., Ludwig, K. and Kok, M. (2015) Beyond Cockpit-ism: Four Insights to Enhance the Transformative Potential of the Sustainable Development Goals. Sustainability, 7: 1651-1660.
- Dhalsjo, C.A.L., Parr, C.L., Malhi, Y., Meir, P., Rahmann, H. and Eggleton, P. (2015) Density-body mass relationships: Inconsistent intercontinental patterns among termite feeding-groups. Acta Oecologica, 63: 16-21.
- Thorn, J., Thornton, T.F. and Helfgott, A. (2015) Autonomous adaptation to global environmental change in peri-urban settlements: Evidence of a growing culture of innovation and revitalisation in Mathare Valley Slums, Nairobi. Global Environmental Change, 31: 121-131.
- Dubrovsky, M., Trnka, M., Holman, I.P., Svobodova, E., Harrison, P.A. (2015) Developing a reduced-form ensemble of climate change scenarios for Europe and its application to selected impact indicators. Climatic Change, 128(3-4): 169-186.
- Harrison, P.A., Dunford, R., Savin, C., Rounsevell, M.D.A., Holman, A.S., Kebede, A.S. and Stuch, B. (2015) Cross-sectoral impacts of climate change and socio-economic change for multiple, European land- and water-based sectors. Climatic Change, 128(3-4).
- Tinch, R., Jager, J., Omann, I., Harrison, P.A., Wesely, J. and Dunford, R. (2015) Applying a capitals framework to measuring coping and adaptive capacity in integrated assessment models. Climatic Change, 128(3-4): 323-337.
University-wide discussion forum on the international climate negotiations | Benito Muller | Wednesday 4 March, 11-1pm, Gilbert Room, School of Geography and the Environment.
Global water risks and the climate adaptation challenge. | Professor Jim Hall | Thursday 5 March, 5pm, Oxford Martin School. Live webcast.