10 October 2014
Dr Brenda Boardman has been awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award for services to energy efficiency and fuel poverty by the Carbon Action Network.
9 October 2014
Global experts discuss drought risk at Oxford symposium. Read more.
6 October 2014
Scientists to 'fast-track' evidence linking global warming to wild weather. Read more.
3 October 2014
Retailers paying over the odds given helping hand on utility bills. Read more.
1 October 2014
Explaining Extreme Weather Events of 2013 from a Climate Perspective Read more.
25 September 2014
A systematic review of integrated adaptation and mitigation policies gets highlighted in this month's Nature Climate Change Read more.
- Garrick, D. and Hall, J.W. (2014) Water Security and Society: Risks, Metrics and Pathways. Annual Review of Environment and Resources, 39: 611-639.
- Holman, I.P., Harrison, P.A. and Metzger, M.J. (2014) Cross-sectoral impacts of climate and socio-economic change in Scotland: implications for adaptation policy. Regional Environmental Change.
- Morton, C. Anable, J. and Brand, C. (2014) Policy making under uncertainty in electric vehicle demand. Proceedings of the ICE - Energy, 167(3): 125-138.
- Otto, F.E.L., Rosier, S.M., Allen, M.R., Massey, N.R., Rye, C.J. and Quintana, J.I. (2014) Attribution analysis of high precipitation events in summer in England and Wales over the last decade. Climatic Change.
- McKenna, E., Grünewald, P. and Thomson, M. (2014) Going with the wind: temporal characteristics of potential wind curtailment in ireland in 2020 and opportunities for demand response. IET Renewable Power Generation: 1-12.
- Torriti, J. and Grunewald, P. (2014) Demand side response: Patterns in Europe and future policy perspectives under capacity mechanisms. Economics of Energy and Environmental Policy, 3(1).
- Grünewald, P., McKenna, E. and Thomson, M. (2014) Keep it simple: time-of-use tariffs in high-wind scenarios. IET Renewable Power Generation.
- Payo, A., Hall, J.W., Dickson, M.E. and Walkden, J.A. (2014) Feedback structure of cliff and shore platform morphodynamics. Journal of Coastal Conservation, October 2014.
- Schaller, N., Otto, F.E.L., van Oldenborgh, G.J., Massey, N.R., Sparrow, S. and Allen, M.R. (2014) The heavy precipitation event of May-June 2013 in the upper Danube and Elbe Basins. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 95(9).
Welcome to the Anthropocene.
A public lecture series to launch the ECI's Masters in Environmental Change and Management.
October 13-17, 2014. If you missed the lectures, you can watch/listen online.
Join the discussion at #ecilive
Living with floods and droughts: Adapting to hydro-climatic extremes
1 December, 5pm, HO Beckit Room, SoGE. Registration required