18 March 2015
Europe's ban on 'wasteful' gadgets - does it cost or save? Staff alumni Dr Kevin Lane comments on the latest EU Policies to withdraw inefficient electrical goods - building on research carried out by the ECI in the 1990s.
17 March 2015
Climate change aggravating cyclone damage, scientists say. Professor Myles Allen comments in a Guardian article about the suggestion that climate change is causing more storms.
5 March 2015
The value of a green and pleasant land. Oxford research work helps to highlight the value of the natural world.
- Botzen, W., Mechler, R., Aerts, J., Hochrainer-Stigler, S., Timonina, A., Lorant, A., Veldkamp, T., Hudson, P., Jenkins, K., Mysiak, J., Surminski, S. and Monteagudo, D. (2015) Natural hazard risk assessments for improving resilience in Europe. Enhance Policy Brief.
- Guan, K., Pan, M., Li, H., Wolf, A., Wu, J., Medvigy, D., Caylor, K.K., Sheffield, J., Wood, E.F., Malhi, Y., Liang, M., Kimball, J.S., Saleska, S., Berry, J., Joiner, J. and Lyapustin, A.I. (2015) Photosynthetic seasonality of global tropical forests constrained by hydroclimate. Nature Geoscience.
- Guillod, B.P., Orlowsky, B., Miralles, D.G., Teuling, A.J., Seneviratne, S.I. (2015) Reconciling spatial and temporal soil moisture effects on afternoon rainfall. Nature Communications, 6(6443).
- Doughty, C.E., Metcalfe, D.B., Girardin, C.A.J., Farfan Amezquita, F., Galiano Cabrera, D., Huaraca Huasco, W., Silva-Espejo, J.E., Araujo-Murakami, A., da Costa, M.C., Rocha, W., Feldpausch, T.R., Mendoza, A.L.M., da Costa, A.C.L., Meir, P., Phillips, O.L. and Malhi, Y. (2015) Drought impact on forest carbon dynamics and fluxes in Amazonia. Nature, 519: 78-82.
- Darby, S.J., Liddell, C., Hills, D. and Drabble, D. (2015) Smart Metering Early Learning Project: synthesis report. Department of Energy and Climate Change, London.
- Hannart, A., Pearl, J., Otto, F.E.L., Naveau, P. and Ghil, M. (2015) Causal counterfactual theory for the attribution of weather and climate-related events. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.
- Friess, D.A., Phelps, J., Garmendia, E. and Gomez-Baggethun, E. (2015) Payments for Ecosystem Services (PES) in the face of external biophysical stressors. Global Environmental Change, 30: 31-42.
- Thornton, T.F. (2015) Place as Educationís Source. In, Kan, S. (ed.) Sharing our Knowledge: The Tlingit and their Coastal Neighbors. University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln. pp. 364-379.
- Hajer, M., Milsson, M., Raworth, K., Bakker, P., Berkhout, F., de Boer, Y., Rockstrom, J., Ludwig, K. and Kok, M. (2015) Beyond Cockpit-ism: Four Insights to Enhance the Transformative Potential of the Sustainable Development Goals. Sustainability, 7: 1651-1660.