Analysis of Belgium's Climate Change Mitigation Policy
In the framework of the Kyoto Protocol, and as part of the EU burden sharing agreement, Belgium has to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 7.5%. The study will provide support for the Belgian Government to enable enhanced improvements in energy efficiency to be made.
The main tasks are to:
- Establish the current state of energy efficiency in Belgium.
- Establish the state of current energy efficiency policy and conduct a quantitative evaluation.
- Evaluate the current and future contribution of energy efficiency policy to climate change mitigation.
- Estimate potential for energy efficiency improvements for 2010 through to 2030.
- Gap analysis, between actual and potential energy efficiency improvements.
- Produce a global programme for improvement of energy efficiency.
- Analysis of data gaps and recommendations.
- Produce final report of conference (March 2003).