Dr Xi Hu
Honorary Research Associate
Dr. Xi (Sisi) Hu is an Honorary Research Associate at the Environmental Change Institute (ECI), University of Oxford and currently a post-doctoral fellow of the Labor and Worklife Program at Harvard Law School. Xi's research at the ECI is at the nexus of infrastructure, climate change and economic development, with a focus on China. Prior to ECI, Xi has previously worked as a consultant for numerous organisations, including the Latin American Energy Organisation (OLADE), International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Chinese National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), UK-India Business Council, and Legal & General Investment Management. She is also the co-founder of the Oxford International Infrastructure Consortium, whose aim is to facilitate communication and collaboration on infrastructure between academics, policymakers, and practitioners worldwide. She holds a DPhil (PhD) from the University of Oxford, an MSc in Environmental Economics and Climate Change, and a BSc in Environmental Policy with Economics from the London School of Economics.
- Huang, J., Li, W., Guo, L., Hu, X. and Hall, J.W. (2020) Renewable energy and household economy in rural China. Renewable Energy, 155: 669-676.
- Hu, X., Pant, R., Hall, J.W., Surminski, S. and Huang, J. (2019) Multi-Scale Assessment of the Economic Impacts of Flooding: Evidence from Firm to Macro-Level Analysis in the Chinese Manufacturing Sector. Sustainability, 11(7).
- Kirchherr, J., Repp, L., Hu, X. and van Santen, R. (2018) Greening the belt and road initiative: WWF's recommendations for the finance sector. WWF in partnership with HSBC.
- Hu, X., Lim, W.H., Pant, R., Hall, J., and Lu, X. (2017) The spatial exposure of China’s infrastructure system to flooding risks in the context of climate change. The Fifth Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP) Annual Conference, World Bank
- Yang, Y., Hu, X., Dangerfield, M. and Sheng, X. (2017) Oxford International Infrastructure Consortium: Second Global Infrastructure Conference Report. "Bridging the Infrastructure Gap: Global Integration and the ‘Belt and Road’ Initiative". Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment; ITRC; Environmental Change Institute, Oxford.. 1-61. ISBN: 978-1-874370-68-0.
- Hu, X. (2016) How Climate Change Threatens China's Essential Infrastructure. The Diplomat.
- Hu, X. (2016) Special report: Climate change poses grave threats to China's essential infrastructure. China Dialogue.
- Hu, X. (2016) Where will climate change impact China most? World Economic Forum.
- Hu, X., Hall, J.W., Shi, P. and Lim, W-H. (2016) The spatial exposure of the Chinese infrastructure system to flooding and drought hazards. Natural Hazards, 80(2): 1083-1118.
- Yang, Y., Hu, X., Dangerfield, M. and Kaminker, C. (2015) Oxford International Infrastructure Consortium: 2015 Global Workshop Report. Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment; ITRC; Environmental Change Institute, Oxford. ISBN: 978-1-874370-57-4.
- Hu, X., Hall, J.W. and Thacker, S. (2014) Too Big to Fail? The Spatial Vulnerability of the Chinese Infrastructure System to Flooding Risks. Vulnerability, Uncertainty and Risk: 704-714.
- Zhang, X., Zhao, X., Shen, J., Hu, X., Liu, X. and Xu, J. (2013) Design, fabrication and experimental study of a solar photovoltaic/loop-heat-pipe based heat pump system. Solar Energy, 97: 551-568.