Honorary Research Associate
Roger has an MSc in Physics from the University of Toronto and came to UKCIP in January 2006 after working over 32 years with the Canadian federal government. Much of his work focused on climate, climate impacts and adaptation. These included working within the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change beginning with its first assessment report, leadership of the Canada Country Study, and involvement with the US National Assessment on climate change impacts. As UKCIP Technical Director, Roger leads the Programme’s technical and scientific work aimed at guiding impacts and adaptation studies, and at developing and delivering new supportive resources and tools, including the next set of UKCIP climate scenarios.
- White, C., Carlsen, H., Robertson, A., Klein, R., Lazo, J., Kumar, A., Vitart, F., Coughlan de Perez, E., Ray, A., Murray, V., Bharwani, S., MacLeod, D., James, R., Fleming, L., Morse, A., Eggen, B., Graham, R., Kjellstrom, E., Becker, E., Pegion, K., Holbrook, N., McEvoy, D., Depledge, M., Perkins-Kirkpatrick, S., Brown, T., Street, R., Jones, L., Remenyi, T., Hodgson-Johnston, I., Buontempo, C., Lamb, R., Meinke, H., Arheimer, B. and Zebiak, S. (2017) Potential applications of subseasonal-to-seasonal (S2S) predictions. Meteorological Applications.
- Hall, J., Henriques, J., Hickford, A., Nicholls, R., Baruah, P., Birkin, M., Chaudry, M., Curtis, T., Eyre, N., Jones, C., Kilsby, C., Leathard, A., Lorenz, A., Malleson, N., McLeod, F., Powrie, W., Preston, J., Rai, N., Street, R., Stringfellow, A., Thoung, C., Tyler, P., Velykiene, R., Watson, G. and Watson, J. (2014) Assessing the Long-Term Performance of Cross-Sectoral Strategies for National Infrastructure. Journal of Infrastructure Systems, 20(3).
- Preston, I., Banks, N., Hargreaves, K., Kazmierczak, A., Lucas, K., Mayne, R., Downing, C. and Street, R. (2014) Climate change and social justice: an evidence review. Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Prutsch, A., Isoard, S., McCallum, S., Biesbroek, R., Karali, E., Makinen, K., Hilden, M., Downing, C. and Street, R. (2014) National adaptation policy processes in European countries. EEA Report No 4/2014
- Street, R. and Nilsson, C. (2014) Introduction to the Use of Uncertainties to Inform Adaptation Decisions. In, Lourenco, T.C., Rovisco, A., Groot, A., Nilsson, C., Fussel, H. Van Bree, L. and Street, R.B. (eds.) Adapting to an Uncertain Climate. Springer Publications.
- Hall, J.W., Watts, G., Keil, M., de Vial, L., Street, R., Conlan, K., O'Connell, P.E., Beven, K.J. and Kilsby, C.G. (2012) Towards risk-based water resources planning in England Wales under a changing climate. Water and Environment Journal, 26(1): 118-129.
- Boyd, E., Street, R., Gawith, M., Lonsdale, K., Newton, L., Johnstone, K., Metcalf, G. and Ashlin, A. (2011) Leading the UK adaptation agenda: a landscape of stakeholders and networked organizations for adaptation to climate change. In, Ford, J.D. and L. Berrang-Ford (eds.) Climate Change Adaptation in Developed Nations: From theory to practice. Springer. 490 pp. ISBN: 978-94-007-0566-1.
- Street, R.B. (2010) Report on the Survey on the Role of NMHSs in Adaptation to Climate Variability and Change. World Meterological Organisation (WM0) 62 pp.
- Gawith, M., Street, R., Westaway, R. and Steynor, A. (2008) Application of the UKCIP02 climate change scenarios: reflections and lessons learnt. Global Environmental Change, 19(1): 113-121.
- Steynor, A. and Street, R. (2008) Projections of climate change. In, Jolly, A. (ed.) Managing climate risk. Thorogood Publishing. pp. 23-32. ISBN: 9781854186027.
- Street, R. (2008) Projecting the UK's changing climate. Bridges(57) English Heritage: 3-5.