Dr Pete Walton
Knowledge Exchange Research Fellow
Pete is a Knowledge Exchange Research Fellow based in UKCIP, where he is responsible for developing and supporting knowledge exchange opportunities with external stakeholders on behalf of the Oxford Climate Research Network. Pete’s academic and professional career combines both Climate Change and Education, providing him with the expertise in adaptation and climate change impacts and the skills to communicate the practical implications of such impacts to a wide range of audiences. Prior to his current post, Pete was Training Officer for UKCIP. This involved developing a range of learning (and e-learning) resources and designing and developing innovative approaches to training, knowledge exchange and stakeholder dialogue.
- Ettinger, J., Walton, P., Painter, J. and DiBlasi, T. (2021) Climate of Hope or Doom and Gloom: Should We Scare or Inspire the Public into Action? Climatic Change, 164: 19.
- Ettinger, J., Walton, P., Painter, J., Osaka, S. and Otto, F.E.L. (2021) "What's Up with the Weather?" Public Engagement with Extreme Event Attribution in the UK. Weather, Climate and Society, 13(2): 341-352.
- Parker, H.R., Cornforth, R.J., Suarez, P., Allen, M.R., Boyd, E., James, R., Jones, R.G., Otto, F.E.L., Walton, P. (2016) Using a Game to Engage Stakeholders in Extreme Event Attribution Science. International Journal of Disaster Risk Science, 7(4): 353-365.
- Sippel, S., Walton, P. and Otto, F.E.L. (2015) Stakeholder Perspectives on the Attribution of Extreme Weather Events: An Explorative Enquiry. Weather, Climate and Society, 7: 224-236.
- Stott, P.A., Christidis, N., Otto, F.E.L., Sun, Y., Vanderlinden, J.P., Jan van Oldenborgh, G., Vautard, R., von Storch, H., Walton, P., Yiou, P. and Zwiers, F.W. (2015) Attribution of extreme weather and climate-related events. WIREs Climate change, 7(1): 23-41.
- Walton, P.J., Yarker, M.B., Mesquita, M.d.S. and Otto, F.E.L. (2015) Helping to Make Sense of Regional Climate Modeling: Professional Development for Scientists and Decision Makers Anytime, Anywhere. American Meteorological Society.