Members of the Foresight4Food Community of Practice - Foresight4Food International Workshop, Montpellier 2018
The ECI Food Systems Group is excited to launch an opportunity to join a collaborative platform focused on informing the food systems foresight agenda. Foresight4Food is a new initiative supporting enhanced foresight and scenario analysis for global food systems. Having successfully obtained seed funding (from the Open Society Foundations) to catalyse the Initiative, we are keen to share our progress and engage with the community.
The Initiative's two side-events at the EAT Forum (11-12 June 2019) will be an excellent opportunity to explore our activities. In the meantime, view our early material, and keep up to date with our progress.
Established after two international meetings in 2017 and 2018 involving over 40 leading food systems organisations, the Initiative focuses on the harmonization, synthesis, and sharing of foresight information on food systems. It aims to add value to the work of other initiatives, platforms, and organisations working on food issues by brokering collaboration to create system level knowledge and insights.
Input from key stakeholders identified the following action areas for enhancing food systems foresight:
- Facilitating a community of practice for foresight users and providers
- Synthesis and analysis of existing foresight and scenario analysis
- Creating a food systems foresight resource portal, dashboard, and communication materials
- Brokering a bridging hub to support global, regional, and national foresight and dialogue processes
- Identifying and brokering new foresight work on gaps and emerging issues
- Developing capacity for enhanced foresight
Please contact Saher Hasnain (firstname.lastname@example.org) to join our community of practice and for further information.