UK Climate Change Risk Assessment: Flooding
Foresight Future Flooding Studies
- Evans, E.P., Ashley, R., Hall, J.W., Penning-Rowsell, E.P., Saul, A., Sayers, PB., Thorne, C.R. and Watkinson, A. (2004b). Foresight Future Flooding, Scientific Summary: Volume 2: Managing future risks. Office of Science and Technology, London.
- Evans, E.P., Ashley, R., Hall, J.W., Penning-Rowsell, E.P., Saul, A., Sayers, PB., Thorne, C.R. and Watkinson, A. (2004a). Foresight Future Flooding, Scientific Summary: Volume 1: Future risks and their drivers. Office of Science and Technology, London.
National Flood Risk Assessment (NAFRA) - Past Studies
National Long Term Investment Scenarios (LTIS)
Supporting Research Reports
- 2013 NaFRA Method Improvements Scoping Study (WP1) Final Options Report
- 2012 2012 Measuring Confidence in NaFRA Outputs, Stage 1 – Method Development (Draft)
- 2010 NaFRA Method Improvements Scoping Study (WP1) Final Options Report
- 2007 Thames Estuary 2100 - Interventions and Assets RASP modelling developments and application (IA8 Final Report - 2007)
- 2006 RFSM - Rapid Flood Spreading Method - Initial Development - Sayers, P.B and Marti, J (developed as part of Floodsite and TE2100)
- 2006 Exploring the sensitivity of RASP HLM+ to variations in input data and model parameters McGahey, Sayers, Dunning and Neve (for the Environment Agency)
- 2004 RASP - Risk Assessment for Strategic Planning - Technical summary Report - Sayers, Hall, Meadowcroft, Rosu, Dawson, Chatterton, Deakin (2004)
- 2010 - Gouldby B, Sayers PB, Panzeri MC, Lanyon J (2010) Development of application of efficient methods for the forward propagation of epistemic uncertainty and sensitivity analysis within complex broad-scale flood risk system models. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering; Mar2010, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p496. Special Issue on Hydrotechnical Engineering
- 2008 - Gouldby BP, Sayers PB, Mulet-Marti J, Hassan M, Benwell D (2008) A Methodology for Regional Scale Flood Risk Assessment Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers: Water Engineering, June 2008
- 2008 - Lhomme, J.and Sayers, PB. and Gouldby, B.P. and Samuels, P.G. and Wills, M. and Mulet-Marti, J. Recent development and application of a rapid flood spreading method. In: FLOODrisk 2008, 30 September - 2 October 2008, Keble College, Oxford, UK. (2008)
- 2007 - Krupka, M., Pender, G., Wallis, S., Sayers, PB., & Mulet-Marti, J. (2007, July). A rapid flood inundation model. In Proceedings Of The Congress-International Association For Hydraulic Research (Vol. 32, No. 1,p. 28).
- 2005 - Sayers PB and Meadowcroft IC (2005). RASP - A hierarchy of risk-based methods and their application. Proceedings of the 40th Defra Conf. of River and Coastal Management.
- 2003 - Hall JW; Dawson RJ; Sayers P; Rosu C; Chatterton J; Deakin R (2003). A methodology for national-scale flood risk assessment. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Water & Maritime Engineering 2003, 156(3), 235-247. Robert Carr Prize
- 2002 - Meadowcroft IC, Sayers PB, Hall JW. (2002) Risk, performance and uncertainty in flood and coastal management - a defining review. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of River and Coastal Engineers, University of Keele, June 2002, papers published by DEFRA, London
- 2002- Sayers PB; Hall JW; Meadowcroft IC (2002). Towards risk-based flood hazard management in the UK. Civil Engineering 2002, 150(5), 36-42.
- Generic fragility curves – to be added
- Deterioration curves – to be added