ECI's climate research focuses on climate prediction, detection and attribution, as well as climate risk assessment and modelling of climate impacts. ECI hosts UKCIP (the UK Climate Impacts Programme), which promotes and enables adaptation in government and business.
Global Climate Science
The Global Climate Science programme looks at the attribution of climate change, climate model uncertainties, and the carbon cycle.
Led by Myles Allen.
Help us find the link between the 2014 UK winter deluge and climate change. Read more.
Impacts and Adaptation
- Jenkins, K., Hall, J., Surminski, S. and Crick, F. (2015) London Case Study: Flood risk and climate change implications for MSPs. ENHANCE deliverable 7.3: Risk scenarios and analysis.
- Sippel, S., Mitchell, D., Black, M.T., Dittus, A.J., Harrington, L., Schaller, N. and Otto, F. (2015) Combining large model ensembles with extreme value statistics to improve attribution statements of rare events. Weather and Climate Extremes.
- Thompson, A., Otto, F.E.L. (2015) Ethical and normative implications of weather event attribution for policy discussions concerning loss and damage. Climatic Change, June 2015.
- Byers, E.A., Qadrdan, M., Leathard, A., Alderson, D., Hall, J.W., Amesaga, J.M., Tran, M., Kilsby, C.G. and Chaudry, M. (2015) Cooling water for Britain's future electricity supply. ICE Institute of Civil Engineers.
- Otto, F.E.L., Boyd, E., Jones, R.G., Cornforth, R.J., James, R., Parker, H.R. and Allen, M.R. (2015) Attribution of extreme weather events in Africa: a preliminary exploration of the science and policy implications. Climatic Change.
- Street, R., Karali, E. and Mattern, K. (2015) Overview of climate change adaptation platforms in Europe. Technical report 5/2015. European Environment Agency.
- Mueller, B., Hauser, M., Iles, C., Rimi, R.H., Zwiers, F.W., Wan, H. (2015) Lengthening of the growing season in wheat and maize producing regions. Weather and Climate Extremes.
Rimi Ruksana: 'Climate Change and High-Impact Weather Events: Implications for Water Resource and Agriculture in Bangladesh'