ECI's climate research focuses on climate prediction, detection and attribution, as well as climate risk assessment and modelling of climate impacts. ECI hosts UKCIP (the UK Climate Impacts Programme), which promotes and enables adaptation in government and business.
Global Climate Science
The Global Climate Science programme looks at the attribution of climate change, climate model uncertainties, and the carbon cycle.
Led by Myles Allen.
Help us find the link between the 2014 UK winter deluge and climate change. Read more.
Impacts and Adaptation
- Mueller, B., Hauser, M., Iles, C., Rimi, R.H., Zwiers, F.W., Wan, H. (2015) Lengthening of the growing season in wheat and maize producing regions. Weather and Climate Extremes.
- Lejeune, Q., Davin, E.L., Guillod, B.P. and Seneviratne, S.I. (2015) Influence of Amazonian deforestation on the future evolution of regional surface fluxes, circulation, surface temperature and precipitation. Climate Dynamics, 2015(44): 2769-2786.
- Findell, K.L., Gentine, P., Lintner, B.R. and Guillod, B.P. (2015) Data Length Requirements for Observational Estimates of Land-Atmosphere Coupling Strength. Journal of Hydrometeorology.
- Shaw, C. (2015) Reframing climate risk to build public support for radical emission reductions: the role of deliberative democracy. Carbon Management.
- Guillod, B.P., Orlowsky, B., Miralles, D.G., Teuling, A.J., Seneviratne, S.I. (2015) Reconciling spatial and temporal soil moisture effects on afternoon rainfall. Nature Communications, 6(6443).
- Hannart, A., Pearl, J., Otto, F.E.L., Naveau, P. and Ghil, M. (2015) Causal counterfactual theory for the attribution of weather and climate-related events. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.
- Thorn, J., Thornton, T.F. and Helfgott, A. (2015) Autonomous adaptation to global environmental change in peri-urban settlements: Evidence of a growing culture of innovation and revitalisation in Mathare Valley Slums, Nairobi. Global Environmental Change, 31: 121-131.
Rimi Ruksana: 'Climate Change and High-Impact Weather Events: Implications for Water Resource and Agriculture in Bangladesh'