ECI's climate research focuses on climate prediction, detection and attribution, as well as climate risk assessment and modelling of climate impacts. ECI hosts UKCIP (the UK Climate Impacts Programme), which promotes and enables adaptation in government and business.
Global Climate Science
The Global Climate Science programme looks at the attribution of climate change, climate model uncertainties, and the carbon cycle.
Led by Myles Allen.
Help us find the link between the 2014 UK winter deluge and climate change. Read more.
Impacts and Adaptation
- Arnell, N.W., Brown, S., Gosling, S.N., Hinkel, J., Huntingford, C., Lloyd-Hughes, B., Lowe, J.A., Osborn, T., Nicholls, R.J. and Zelazowski, P. (2014) Global-scale climate impact functions: the relationship between climate forcing and impact. Climatic Change.
- Bours, D., McGinn, C. and Pringle, P. (2014) Guidance note 1: Twelve reasons why climate change adaptation M&E is challenging. SEA Change CoP, Pnom Penh and UKCIP, Oxford.
- Bours, D., McGinn, C. and Pringle, P. (2014) The Theory of Change approach to climate change adaptation programming. Sea Change CoP, Phnom Penh and UKCIP, Oxford.
- Daron, J.D. and Stainforth, D.A. (2014) Assessing pricing assumptions for weather index insurance in a changing climate. Climate Risk Management.
- Daron. J.D. and Stainforth, D.A. (2014) Assessing pricing assumptions for weather index insurance, in a changing climate. Climate Risk Management.
- Jenkins, K., Hall, J., Glenis, V., Kilsby, C., McCarthy, M., Goodess, C., Smith, D., Malleson, N. and Birkin, M. (2014) Probabilistic spatial risk assessment of heat impacts and adaptations for London. Climatic Change, March 2014.
- Kamae, Y., Watanabe, M., Kimoto, M. and Shiogama, H. (2014) Summertime land-sea thermal contrast and atmospheric circulation over East Asia in a warming climate-Part I: Past changes and future projections. Climate Dynamics, February 2014.
- Schussler, E., Ruling, C. and Wittneben, B. (2014) ON MELTING SUMMITS: THE LIMITATIONS OF FIELD-CONFIGURING EVENTS AS CATALYSTS OF CHANGE, IN TRANSNATIONAL CLIMATE POLICY. Academy of Management Journal, 57(1): 140-171.
Rimi Ruksana: 'Climate Change and High-Impact Weather Events: Implications for Water Resource and Agriculture in Bangladesh'