ECI's climate research focuses on climate prediction, detection and attribution, as well as climate risk assessment and modelling of climate impacts. ECI hosts UKCIP (the UK Climate Impacts Programme), which promotes and enables adaptation in government and business.
Global Climate Science
The Global Climate Science programme looks at the attribution of climate change, climate model uncertainties, and the carbon cycle.
Led by Myles Allen.
Help us find the link between the 2014 UK winter deluge and climate change. Read more.
Impacts and Adaptation
- Newell, P., Bulkeley, H., Turner, K., Shaw, C., Caney, S., Shove, E. and Pidgeon, N. (2015) Governance traps in climate change politics: re-framing the debate in terms of responsibilities and rights. WIREs Climate Change.
- Bours, D., McGinn, C. and Pringle, P. (2015) Editor's Notes: Monitoring and evaluation of climate change adaptation. New Directions for Evaluation, 2015(147): 1-12.
- Lonsdale, K., Pringle, P. and Turner, B. (2015) Transformative adaptation: what it is, why it matters and what is needed. UK Climate Impacts Programme, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK. ISBN: 978-1-906360-11-5.
- Lonsdale, K., Pringle, P. and Turner, B. (2015) Transformative adaptation: what it is, why it matters and what is needed. UK Climate Impacts Programme, University of Oxford,.
- Hawkins, E., Smith, R.S., Gregory, J.M. and Stainforth, D.A. (2015) Irreducible uncertainty in near-term climate projections. Climate Dynamics.
- Glenis, V., Pinamonti, V., Hall, J., Kilsby, C. (2015) A transient stochastic weather generator incorporating climate model uncertainty. Advances in Water Resources.
- Daron, J.D. and Stainforth, D.A. (2015) Assessing pricing assumptions for weather index insurance in a changing climate. Climate Risk Management, 1: 76-91.
Rimi Ruksana: 'Climate Change and High-Impact Weather Events: Implications for Water Resource and Agriculture in Bangladesh'