ECI's climate research focuses on climate prediction, detection and attribution, as well as climate risk assessment and modelling of climate impacts. ECI hosts UKCIP (the UK Climate Impacts Programme), which promotes and enables adaptation in government and business.
Global Climate Science
The Global Climate Science programme looks at the attribution of climate change, climate model uncertainties, and the carbon cycle.
Led by Myles Allen.
Help us find the link between the 2014 UK winter deluge and climate change. Read more.
Impacts and Adaptation
- Thorn, J., Thornton, T.F. and Helfgott, A. (2015) Autonomous adaptation to global environmental change in peri-urban settlements: Evidence of a growing culture of innovation and revitalisation in Mathare Valley Slums, Nairobi. Global Environmental Change, 31: 121-131.
- Dubrovsky, M., Trnka, M., Holman, I.P., Svobodova, E., Harrison, P.A. (2015) Developing a reduced-form ensemble of climate change scenarios for Europe and its application to selected impact indicators. Climatic Change, 128(3-4): 169-186.
- James, R., Washington, R. and Jones, R. (2015) Process-based assessment of an ensemble of climate projections for West Africa. Journal of Geophysical Research.
- Eyre, N. and Baruah, P. (2015) Uncertainties in future energy demand in UK residential heating. Energy Policy.
- Jager, J., Rousevell, M.D.A., Harrison, P.A., Omann, I., Dunford, R., Kammerlander, M. and Pataki, G. (2015) Assessing policy robustness of climate change adaptation measures across sectors and scenarios. Climatic Change, 128(3-4): 395-407.
- Skourtos, M., Tourkolias, C., Damigos, D., Kontogianni, A., Harrison, P.A. and Berry, P. (2015) Incorporating cross-sectoral effects into analysis of the cost-effectiveness of climate change adaptation measures. Climatic Change, 128(3): 307-321.
- Wimmer, F., Audsley, E., Malsy, M., Savin, C., Dunford, R., Harrison, P.A., Schaldach, R. and Florke, M. (2015) Modelling the effects of cross-sectoral water allocation schemes in Europe. Climatic Change, 128(3): 229-244.
Rimi Ruksana: 'Climate Change and High-Impact Weather Events: Implications for Water Resource and Agriculture in Bangladesh'