ECI's climate research focuses on climate prediction, detection and attribution, as well as climate risk assessment and modelling of climate impacts. ECI hosts UKCIP (the UK Climate Impacts Programme), which promotes and enables adaptation in government and business.
Global Climate Science
The Global Climate Science programme looks at the attribution of climate change, climate model uncertainties, and the carbon cycle.
Led by Myles Allen.
Help us find the link between the 2014 UK winter deluge and climate change. Read more.
Impacts and Adaptation
- Sova, C.A., Helfgott, A., Chaudhury, A., Matthews, D., Thornton, T. and Vermeulen, S. (2014) Multi-level Stakeholder Influence Mapping: Visualizing Power Relations Across Actor Levels in Nepalís Agricultural Climate Change Adaptation Regime. Systemic Practice and Action Research.
- Otto, F.E.L., Rosier, S.M., Allen, M.R., Massey, N.R., Rye, C.J. and Quintana, J.I. (2014) Attribution analysis of high precipitation events in summer in England and Wales over the last decade. Climatic Change.
- Frame, D.J., Macey, A.H. and Allen, M. (2014) Cumulative emissions and climate policy. Nature Goscience.
- Chaudhury, A., Sova, C., Rasheed, T., Thornton, T.F., Baral, P. and Zeb, A. (2014) Deconstructing Local Adaptation Plans for Action (LAPAs) - Analysis of Nepal and Pakistan LAPA initiatives. Working Paper. CGIAR, Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS).
- Jost, C.C., Kristjanson, P., Vervoort, J., Alvarez, S., Ferdous, N. and Forch, W. (2014) Lessons in theory of change: monitoring, learning and evaluating Knowledge to Action..
- Coghlan, C., Muzammil, M., Ingram, J., Vervoort, J., Otto, F. and James, R. (2014) A sign of things to come? Examining four major climate-related disasters, 2010-2013 and their impacts on food security. Oxfam Research Reports, Oxford. Oxfam.
- Jager, J., Rousevell, M.D.A., Harrison, P.A., Omann, I., Dunford, R., Kammerlander, M. and Pataki, G. (2014) Assessing policy robustness of climate change adaptation measures across sectors and scenarios. Climatic Change.
Rimi Ruksana: 'Climate Change and High-Impact Weather Events: Implications for Water Resource and Agriculture in Bangladesh'