Dr Raghav Pant
Dr Raghav Pant has been working as a post-doctoral researcher within the Environmental Change Institute in the University of Oxford since 2012, focussing on infrastructure network analysis and system-of-systems risk analysis. He received his MSc degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Princeton University and a PhD in Industrial and Systems Engineering at the University of Oklahoma. He obtained his BS in Civil and Environmental Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India.
Dr Pant leads the risk analysis research team as part of the Infrastructure Transitions Research Consortium, which is funded by a £4.7 million EPSRC Programme Grant. Dr Pant’s research includes system-of-systems risk analysis for national infrastructures, combining probabilistic hazard analysis, interdependent network analysis, spatial demand modelling, and macroeconomic loss modelling. His analysis of the failure criticality of Great Britain’s national infrastructure networks, undertaken in collaboration with Infrastructure UK in the Treasury, has attracted sustained attention from government (Infrastructure UK, Defra, Committee for Climate Change and DECC), utility companies and engineering consultants. It has been highlighted by Oxford University as an example of high impact research (See Getting Critical). His work has also provided valuable input to the Transport Resilience Review 2014 on resilience of UK transport networks to extreme weather events.
- Pant, R., Thacker, S., Hall, J.W. and Alderson, D. (2017) Critical infrastructure impact assessment due to flood exposure. Journal of Flood Risk Management.
- Thacker, S., Barr, S., Pant, R., Hall, J.W. and Alderson, D. (2017) Geographic Hotspots of Critical National Infrastructure. Risk Analysis.
- Thacker, S., Pant, R., Hall, J.W. (2017) System-of-Systems Formulation and Disruption Analysis for Multi-Scale Critical National Infrastructures. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 167: 30-41.
- Kelly, S., Leverett, E., Oughton, E.J., Copic, J., Thacker, S., Pant, R., Pryor, L., Kassara, G., Evan, T., Ruffle, S.J., Tuveson, M., Coburn, A.W., Ralph, D. and Hall, J.W. (2016) Integrated Infrastructure: Cyber Resiliency in Society, Mapping the Consequences of an Interconnected Digital Economy. Cambridge Risk Framework series Centre for Risk Studies, University of Cambridge
- Pant, R., Hall, J.W. and Blainey, S.P. (2016) Vulnerability assessment framework for interdependent critical infrastructures: case-study for Great Britain's railway network. European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research, 16(1): 174-194.
- Pant, R., Thacker, S., Hall, J.W., Alderson, D. and Barr, S. (2016) Critical infrastructure impact assessment due to flood exposure. Journal of Flood Risk Management.
- Pant, R. and Trafalis, T.B. (2015) SVM Classification of Uncertain Data Using Robust Multi-Kernel Methods. Optimization, Control and Applications in the Information Age, 130: 261-273.
- Pant, R., Barker, K. and Landers, T.L. (2015) Dynamic impacts of commodity flow disruptions in inland waterway networks. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 89: 137-149.
- Pant, R., Hall, J.W., Blainey, S.P. and Preston, J.M. (2015) Assessing single point criticality of multi-modal transport networks at the national scale..
- Pant, R., Barker, K. and Zobel, C.W. (2014) Static and dynamic metrics of economic resilience for interdependent infrastructure and industry sectors. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 125: 92-102.
- Pant, R., Barker, K., Ramirez-Marquez, J.E. and Rocco, C.M. (2014) Stochastic Measures of resilience and their application to container terminals. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 70(1).
- Pant, R., Blainey, S.P., Hall, J.W. and Preston, J.M. (2014) Assessing Risks to inform Resilience: A Criticality Assessment of the British Railway Network. In Proceedings of International Symposium for Next Generation Infrastructures, Vienna.
- Pant, R., Hall, J.W., Barr, S. and Alderson, D. (2014) Spatial Risk Analysis of Interdependent Infrastructure Networks Subjected to Extreme Hazards. Vulnerability, Uncertainty and Risk: 677-686.
- Thacker, S., Pant, R. and Hall, J.W. (2014) Characterizing the Vulnerability of Future Configurations of Great Britain’s Electricity Network Infrastructure to Climate-related Hazards. Vulnerability, Uncertainty and Risk: 648-657.
- Barr, S., Alderson, D., Robson, C., Otto, A., Hall, J.W., Thacker, S. and Pant, R. (2013) A National Scale Infrastructure Database and Modelling Environment for the UK. In: Campbell P. and Perez P. (Eds), Proceedings of the International Symposium of Next Generation Infrastructure, Wollongong, Australia.
- Pant, R., Barker, K. and Zobel, C.W. (2013) Adaptive Economic Resilience Planning for Infrastructure and Industry Sectors with Multiple Shocks. In Safety, Reliability, Risk and Life-cycle Performance of Structures and Infrastructures - Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Structural Safety and Reliability, ICOSSAR 2013.. 5485-5492.
- Pant, R., Thacker, S., Hall, J.W., Barr, S. and Alderson, D. (2013) Analyzing interdependent infrastructure provisions under extreme climate risks. In: Campbell P. and Perez P. (Eds), Proceedings of the International Symposium of Next Generation Infrastructure, Wollongong, Australia.