Peter is working on the World Weather Attribution project, using weather@home simulations to do near real-time attribution of extreme weather events. Peter is jointly employed by the School of Geography and the Environment and Oxford eResearch Centre.
Previously, Peter worked in CSIRO in climate model development of the ACCESS model. This included work with the United Kingdom Chemistry and Aerosols model, and the nudging module within ACCESS.
- Guillod, B.P., Jones, R.G., Bowery, A., Haustein, K., Massey, N.R., Mitchell, D.M., Otto, F.E.L., Sparrow, S.N., Uhe, P., Wallom, D.C.H., Wilson, S. and Allen, M.R. (2017) weather@home 2: validation of an improved global - regional climate modelling system. Geoscientific Model Development, 10: 1849-1872.
- Philip, S.Y., Kew, S.F., Hauser, M., Guillod, B.P., Teuling, A.J., Whan, K., Uhe, P. and Van Oldenborgh, G.J. (2017) Western US high June 2015 temperatures and their relation to global warming and soil moisture. Climate Dynamics.
- Haustein, K., Otto, F.E.L., Uhe, P., Schaller, N., Allen, M.R., Hermanson, L., Christidis, N., McLean, P. and Cullen, H. (2016) Real-time extreme weather event attribution with forecast seasonal SSTs. Environmental Research Letters, 11(6). 064006.
- Mote, P., Rupp, D., Li, S. Sharp, D. Otto, F., Uhe, P., Xiao, M., Lettermaier, D., Cullen, H. and Allen, M. (2016) Perspectives on the causes of exceptionally low 2015 snowpack in the western United States. Geophysical Research Letters, 43(20): 10980-10988.
- Uhe, P., Otto, F.E.L., Haustein, K., van Oldenborgh, G.J., King, A.D., Wallom, D.C.H., Allen, M.R. and Cullen, H. (2016) Comparison of methods: Attributing the 2014 record European temperatures to human influences. Geophysical Research Letters, 43(16): 8685-8693.
- Otto, F.E.L., Coleho, C.A.S., King, A., Coughlan de Perez, E., Wada, Y., van Oldenborgh, G.J., Haarsma, R., Haustine, K., Uhe, P., van Aalst, M., Aravequia, J.A., Almeida, W. and Cullen, H. (2015) Water shortage in southeast Brazil. In, Herring, S.C., Howrling, M.P., Kossin, J.P., Peterson, T.C., Stott, P.A. (ed.) Explaining Extreme Events of 2014: From a Climate Perspective. Special Supplement to the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society Vol 96, No 12, December 2015. American Meteorological Society. pp. 35-40.