Dr Friederike Otto
Position:Senior Researcher and Scientific Coordinator, climateprediction.net
Contact:e: email@example.com t: +44 (0)1865 285536
Member:ECI Climate Research Theme
Friederike joined the ECI in 2011 to work on ensemble-based quantification of uncertainty in climate impact projections. She now works as a Research Fellow in the ECI Global Climate Science Programme as the scientific coordinator of the distributed computing climate modelling project climateprediction.net
Friederike continues to work on the quantification of uncertainty and validation of climate models, in particular with respect to extreme events, in order to undertake attribution studies of extreme weather events. She is co-investigator of the project ACE-Africa, attributing impacts of of external climate drivers on extreme weather in Africa.
- Sippel, S. and Otto, F.E.L. (2014) Beyond climatological extremes - assessing how the odds of hydrometeorological extreme events in South-East Europe change in a warming climate. Climate Change, June 2014.
- Otto, A., Otto, F.E.L., Boucher, O., Church, J., Hegerl, G., Forster, P.M., Gillett, N.P., Gregory, J., Johnson, G.C., Knutti, R., Lewis, N., Lohmann, U., Marotzke, J., Myhre, G., Shindell, D., Stevens, B. and Allen, M.R. (2013) Energy budget constraints on climate response. Nature Geoscience, 6: 415-416.
- Otto, F.E.L., Ferro, C.A.T., Fricker, T.E., Suckling, E.B. (2013) On judging the credibility of climate predictions. Climatic Change.
- Otto, F.E.L., Jones, R.G., Halladay, K. and Allen, M.R. (2013) Attribution of changes in precipitation patterns in African rainforests. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society, B, 368(1625).
- Rupp, D.E., Mote, P.W., Massey, N., Otto, F.E.L. and Allen, M.R. (2013) Human Influence on the probability of low precipitation in the central United States in 2012. In, Explaining extreme events of 2012 from a climate perspective. Bulletin of the American Meteorology Society, 94, S2-S6, 2013.
- Massey, N., Aina, T., Rye, C., Otto, F.E.L., Wilson, S., Jones, R.G. and Allen, M.R. (2012) 'Have the odds of warm November temperatures and cold December temperatures in central England changed?' in 'Explaining Extreme Events of 2011 from a Climate Perspective'. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 93: 1057-1059.
- Otto, F.E.L. (2012) Modelling the earth's climate - an epistemic perspective. PhD Thesis.
- Otto, F.E.L., Massey, N., van Oldenborgh, G.J., Jones, R.G. and Allen, M.R. (2012) Reconciling two approaches to attribution of the 2010 Russian heat wave. Geophysical Research Letters, 39(L04702).
- Otto, F.E.L. (2010) Von Kopenhagen nach Mexiko (Form Copenhagen to Mexico. Dokumente 65.
- Otto, F.E.L. (2009) Auf dem Weg in die Klimakatastrophe? (On the way to the climate catatrophe?). Aus Politik und Zeitgeschichte (Of Politics and History)(52).
- Otto, F.E.L. (2007) Influence of a simplified ozone chemistry in the stratosphere of the planetary wave dynamics in a complex climate model, Diploma Thesis..