Honorary Research Associate
An earth scientist by training, Edoardo graduated from Imperial College London and later earned his DPhil at the Environmental Change Institute with a thesis on 'Water resources and climate change: risk-based approaches for decision-making'. The DPhil was supervised by Professor Jim Hall and funded by Thames Water and the Environment Agency (science project SC120053). After his DPhil, Edoardo worked on REACH –Improving Water Security for the Poor in Bangladesh and Ethiopia.
Edoardo’s applied research interests related to water resources planning, climate risk management, water system analysis and environmental modelling. Edoardo is also interested in understanding the interactions between water and economic outcomes. Edoardo regularly acts as a reviewer for water resources and hydrology journals including Water Resources Research, Environmental Modelling and Software and Water Research.
- Borgomeo, E., Mortazavi-Naeini, M., Hall, J.W. and Guillod, B.P. (2018) Risk, Robustness and Water Resources Management under Uncertainty. Earth's Future.
- Borgomeo, E., Vadheim, B., Woldeyes, F.B., Alamirew, R., Tamru, S., Charles, K.J., Kebede, S. and Walker, O. (2018) The Distributional and Multi-Sectoral Impacts of Rainfall Shocks: Evidence From Computable General Equilibrium Modelling for the Awash Basin, Ethiopia. Ecological Economics, April 2018: 621-632.
- Borgomeo, E., Hall, J.W. and Salehin, M. (2017) Avoiding the water-poverty trap: insights from a conceptual human-water dynamical model for coastal Bangladesh. International Journal of Water Resources Development. Download Pre-Print Manuscript.
- Borgomeo, E., Hall, J.W. and Salehin, M. (2017) Avoiding the water-poverty trap: insights from a conceptual human-water dynamical model for coastal Bangladesh. Journal International Journal of Water Resources Development: 1-23.
- Schinko, T., Borgomeo, E., Dufva, M., Figge, L. and Schipfer, F. (2017) Re-shaping Sustainability Science for the 21st Century: Young Scientists’ Perspectives. IIASA Working Paper.
- Borgomeo, E., Mortazavi-Naeini, M., Hall, J.W., O'Sullivan, M.J. and Watson, T. (2016) Trading-off tolerable risk with climate change adaptation costs in water supply systems. Water Resources Research, 52: 622-643.
- Kingsborough, A., Borgomeo, E. and Hall, J. (2016) Adaptation pathways in practice: Mapping options and trade-offs for London’s water resources. Sustainable Cities and Society, 27: 386-397.
- Simpson, M., James, R., Hall, J.W., Borgomeo, E., Ives, M.C., Almeida, S., Kingsborough, A., Economou, T., Stephenson, D. and Wagener, T. (2016) Decision Analysis for Management of Natural Hazards. Annual Review of Environment and Resources, 41: 489-516.
For a full list of backdated publications, go to Edoardo's Google Scholar page.