Internship Vacancy: Overseas Development Institute
|Organisation: Overseas Development Institute|
|Role: Research Intern|
|Reference ID: 38945|
|Salary Description: £2,000 from the Environmental Change Institute + lunch & travel expenses|
|Flexible Start Date: 19 June 2017|
|Internship Duration: 8 Weeks during summer/fall|
The Overseas Development Institute (ODI) is the UK's leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues. Our mission is to inspire and inform policy and practice which lead to the reduction of poverty, the alleviation of suffering and the achievement of sustainable livelihoods in developing countries. We do this by locking together high quality applied research, practical policy advice, and policy-focused dissemination and debate. We work with partners in the public and private sectors, in both developing and developed countries.
The intern will provide research support on a number of exciting ODI projects within the Risk and Resilience programme. In particular, the intern will play a strong role in assisting a current piece of work related to assessing the effectiveness of knowledge brokers and intermediaries in supporting large climate adaptation research programmes in developing countries. This may include contributions to the design of the research project, data analysis, and inputs to a working paper and policy brief.
- Knowledge of climate policy and environmental management in developing countries
- Awareness of latest debates and issues relating to climate adaptation/resilience, disaster risk reduction, and science-policy interface
- Experience in quantitative analysis (particularly survey data)
- Written publications across a range of formats (e.g. blogs, grey literature, journal articles, etc.)
Apply for this internship
- You will need the internship reference ID for this post, which can be found at the top of this page
- Our internships are posted and managed thanks to our colleagues at the Internship Office, through CareerConnect. Simply log in with your University of Oxford SSO as an Oxford Student
- Once you have accessed the portal, you will find the internships under Vacancy Search - Current Vacancies and you can then search by Reference ID under Advanced Search
- Each internship description will describe How to Apply
This internship has been facilitated by the Environmental Change Institute.