Internship Vacancy: Good Food Oxford
|Organisation: Good Food Oxford|
|Reference ID: 42145|
|Salary Description: £2,500 (from the ECI)|
|Flexible Start Date: 31 July 2017 (or later)|
|Internship Duration: 8-12 weeks (flexible duration) |
|Application deadline: 7 May 2017|
Good Food Oxford is a network of 130 organisations working together to improve the food for Oxford - making it healthier, fairer and more sustainable. The initiative is part of the national Sustainable Food Cities network of around 50 cities all working on the future of their city region's food system.
Good Food Oxford aims to guide Oxford's food vision and strategy, support aligned initiatives to work together, establish shared measurement, build public will, advance policy and mobilise funding.
The network takes a collective impact approach - by working together collaboratively we have a far greater impact than working in isolation. Good Food Oxford operates as a backbone organisation - providing the structure and coherence for all the positive activities taking place in relation to the city's food system.
Good Food Oxford also delivers work strands to support good food business, ensure good food for all, and catalyse individual behaviour change.
Oxford is making progress towards the Sustainable Food Cities Bronze Award, with a target to achieve this by the end of March 2018.
However, in comparison to other Sustainable Food Cities, Oxford's progress on healthy and sustainable catering and procurement is lagging behind.
This is significant when university colleges serve approximately 20% of meals in the city, and the average family spends around half of their food budget on eating out.
The aims of the internship will be to:
- gather evidence of best practice in catering and procurement from other successful Sustainable Food Cities, particularly work in Bath and North East Somerset
- convene Good Food Oxford's procurement working group
- establish and collect baselines for progress indicators from that working group
- convene a cross-sector food procurement conference with representatives from large caterers, university colleges and departments, public sector procurement and independent restaurants
- collect and analyse pledges and feedback from the conference
- write and publicise case studies
- make recommendations for future work
An induction and support are provided but you should:
- Be available for between 8 and 12 weeks in the late summer / early autumn of 2017
- Have some experience of data collection and analysis (either qualitative or quantitative)
- Have some experience of report writing
- Have some experience of convening meetings and organising events
- Have some experience and skill using basic computer programs such as Word and Excel
- Have some experience of writing articles or case studies
- Be highly organised and proactive
- Be friendly, personable, positive and resilient
- Be able to work independently, with support and guidance
- Agree with the vision set out in the GFO Charter
- Be committed to equality and diversity
Apply for this internship
- You will need the internship reference ID for this post, which can be found at the top of this page
- Our internships are posted and managed thanks to our colleagues at the Internship Office, through CareerConnect. Simply log in with your University of Oxford SSO as an Oxford Student
- Once you have accessed the portal, you will find the internships under Vacancy Search - Current Vacancies and you can then search by Reference ID under Advanced Search
- Each internship description will describe How to Apply
This internship has been facilitated by the Environmental Change Institute.