Internship Vacancy: Global Canopy Programme
|Organisation: Global Canopy Programme|
|Role: Communications Intern|
|Reference ID: 33677|
|Salary Description: £7.85 per hour|
|Flexible Start Date: 19 June 2017|
|Internship Duration: 8 weeks (Flexible Duration)|
The Global Canopy Programme is a tropical forest think tank working to demonstrate the scientific, political and business case for safeguarding forests as natural capital that underpins water, food, energy, health and climate security for all. Our vision is a world where rainforest destruction has ended. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a deforestation free economy.
GCP as an organisation is determined in pursuit of our mission, and driven by core values of innovation, collaboration, optimism and respect for those we work with, in forests and beyond. The organisation is made up of individuals who are highly knowledgeable in their chosen fields who come together to create a strong multidisciplinary team with the right experience, ideas, and access to global networks of stakeholders (corporates, policy maker and financial institutions) which can be leveraged to deliver impact.
Communication supports both the wider aims of GCP in terms of tropical forest conservation, as well as specific communications work which covers the core themes outlined above.
- Supporting strategic communications planning and activities for GCP and the organisation’s projects
- Helping to build and maintain GCP’s website adding new content, as well as producing reports from Google analytics and Google adwords accounts
- Helping to keep GCP’s social media activities up to date, posting relevant materials, using online media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc
- Supporting press engagement by monitoring activity and suggesting/drafting blogs for GCP’s website in line with current themes and projects
- Supporting GCP’s event management and outreach activities by ensuring that the yearly calendar is kept up to date and supporting any face to face or online webinar event activities
- Updating GCP’s intranet content ensuring all relevant information is timely and up to date
- Qualifications: High academic achievement
- Languages: Portuguese and Spanish advantageous.
- IT skills: High levels of competence with a range of digital and web-based tools.
- Other required general skills – i.e. Communication, report writing, research. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Relevant experience: An interest in GCP’s area of work.
Apply for this internship
- You will need the internship reference ID for this post, which can be found at the top of this page
- Our internships are posted and managed thanks to our colleagues at the Internship Office, through CareerConnect. Simply log in with your University of Oxford SSO as an Oxford Student
- Once you have accessed the portal, you will find the internships under Vacancy Search - Current Vacancies and you can then search by Reference ID under Advanced Search
- Each internship description will describe How to Apply
This internship has been facilitated by the Environmental Change Institute.