Internship Vacancy: 2degrees
|Organisation: 2 degrees|
|Reference ID: 40125|
|Salary Description: National minimum wage|
|Flexible Start Date: 4 September 2017|
|Internship Duration: 3, 6, or 12 months (applicants must state their preference); possibility of future employment.|
|Application deadline: 29 March 2017|
At 2degrees, we believe that business is key to solving the greatest challenge of our time: how 9 billion people can live well and sustainably on a single planet with finite resources.
This is also the biggest challenge facing business - how companies can survive and thrive in a time of turbulent change. They can only do this by adopting the principles of sustainable business, embracing greater economic efficiency, driving innovation and managing environmental and social risks.
We believe that most of the knowledge and capability needed to address the challenge already exists somewhere and that we can help unlock this opportunity. That’s why we’ve developed a unique and innovative approach using our online collaboration platform and specialist facilitation processes to connect the people, knowledge and organisations to solve this challenge. We call this fully-linked collaboration.
We’re a fast growth company and we work with some of the world’s largest companies and their supply chains to deliver programmes that have the power to transform their business sectors. Our clients include Asda-Walmart, the European Commission, GSK, Grant Thornton, Kingfisher, RBS, and Unilever.
This 2degrees Collaborate internship is part of the 2degrees academy.
What you'll be doing:
- Communicating with members to encourage participation and collaboration and ensure a high standard of community management
- Writing up case studies and events on the platform so that the community can share best practice and learn from one another
- Writing newsletters using mailer tools to highlight new elements and information, both externally and internally for the Centres of Excellence
- Using statistics to help produce and upload monthly reports for clients on programme delivery
- Attending webinars on key sustainable business topics to be posted as summaries on the platform to contribute to the shared pool of knowledge
- Researching and editing information that may benefit clients or 2degrees
To excel at 2degrees you have to be a people person. Whether it’s helping clients, connecting members together or collaborating with colleagues, the ability communicate and cooperate with others is vital.
You will have strong numerical and literacy skills as data analysis, report writing and summarisation will be a central theme throughout your work.
You will have great organisational and time management skills as you will have several ongoing tasks to prioritise and complete.
A strong interest in sustainable business is crucial in order to align with our value of being passionate.
Candidates must be available from September 2017- this position is therefore suitable for final year undergraduates or Masters students who are finishing their studies.
Candidates may state their preference for the duration of the internship in their application- there is a choice of 3 months, 6 months or 12 months. depending on business needs at the time, there may be a possibility of further employment after the internship.
What you get:
- Monthly pay
- Paid holiday
- Work as part of a driven, passionate and sociable team
- One-on-one weekly meetings with mentor to assess progress and set goals
- Self-development in area of personal interest
- Help with improving CV and LinkedIn profile
- Training and workshops from experts within the company
- Participate in weekly departmental and monthly whole-company meetings giving you the opportunity see how the business is being run
- Opportunities to support client work
- Hard-working but social office environment
- Structured software training e.g. Excel, marketing tools, etc.
- Opportunity to work in a fast growth entrepreneurial business that’s working with some of the world’s biggest businesses to make sustainable business happen
Apply for this internship
- You will need the internship reference ID for this post, which can be found at the top of this page
- Our internships are posted and managed thanks to our colleagues at the Internship Office, through CareerConnect. Simply log in with your University of Oxford SSO as an Oxford Student
- Once you have accessed the portal, you will find the internships under Vacancy Search - Current Vacancies and you can then search by Reference ID under Advanced Search
- Each internship description will describe How to Apply
This internship has been facilitated by the Environmental Change Institute.