Internship Vacancy: CEEweb for Biodiversity
|Organisation: CEEweb for Biodiversity|
|Reference ID: QVXGZ|
|Salary Description: Please note that students are encouraged to apply to their college for a travel grant to cover any costs not covered by the Erasmus grant. Scholarship Details: Students who are selected for this internship will be awarded Erasmus+ funding of approximately 700-800 Euros from the University’s Erasmus team. To qualify for 2017/18 Erasmus funding, Internships must be a minimum of two calendar months (not 8 weeks) and students would need to have finished their placement by the 30 September 2018. Placements should have started by the 1 July 2018 at the latest to ensure enough time to register the correct paperwork with the British Council. Please see award conditions at the Careers Office. |
|Flexible Start Date: Start date from June 18th 2018 onwards, to be agreed with the successful candidate.|
|Application deadline: 19 February 2018|
Established in 1994, CEEweb for Biodiversity is a network of 52 nature conservation organisations, who are based in all new EU member states (except for Cyprus and Malta), as well as in other Central and East European countries (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, Ukraine, Moldova, etc.). Our mission is the protection of biodiversity through the enhancement of sustainable development.
CEEweb is public benefit organisation legally registered in Hungary. The Policy Office based in Budapest coordinates the work within the network.
Pursuing its mission CEEweb aims to:
- identify and change the drivers behind biodiversity loss;
- form common policies and actions for the enhancement of biodiversity in the Central and East European region;
- promote the enforcement of EU legislation and international conventions for nature and biodiversity conservation, with special regards to the Convention on Biological Diversity;
- promote the concept and strategies of sustainable development and contribute to their implementation;
- raise public awareness about the importance of biodiversity and its protection.
For these aims the network undertakes lobbying activities and campaigning, information and expertise exchange, capacity building and educational activities mainly on European and regional levels.
We are seeking an intern to contribute to CEEweb's and its partners efforts towards a sustainability proofed EU Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF). The MFF provides the framework for the annual budget, setting the priorities, rules and agreements for EU spending. The intern will contribute to this work by carrying out a literature review on good practices and relevant tools for sustainability proofing. He/she will also participate in preparing meetings and reports on the subject.
- an interest and knowledge in environmental issues;
- a high proficiency in the Office package (esp. Word and PowerPoint);
- excellent written and spoken English and the ability to present information in a clear, precise and accessible style;
- being reliable and capable of paying close attention to detail;
- a proven record of showing initiative and being flexible with regard to the tasks they are asked to complete;
- fluency in English is essential; proficiency in any other European languages is advantageous;
- good analytical skills;
- ability to work independently;
- knowledge and previous experience on EU (or national) policy making, budget and financing is an advantage.
Area of Study: Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences; Humanities subjects; Social Science.
Apply for this internship
- You will need the internship reference ID for this post, which can be found at the top of this page
- Our internships are posted and managed thanks to our colleagues at the Internship Office, through CareerConnect. Simply log in with your University of Oxford SSO as an Oxford Student
- Once you have accessed the portal, you will find the internships under Vacancy Search - Current Vacancies and you can then search by Reference ID under Advanced Search
- Each internship description will describe How to Apply